Manassas Park Youth Basketball Leauge
Code of Conduct
For the health and safety of our kids, weapons, smoking, chewing tobacco, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs are NOT allowed in the Manassas Park Community Center gym. If you are seen with any of these things, you will be asked to leave the and may be found in violation of the Code of Conduct or may be reported to the local authorities which may result in criminal charges and/or disciplinary action by the MPYBL Basketball League. Also, public intoxication or being under the influence of any controlled substances in the Manassas Park Community Center gym, or any other place where MPYBL Basketball League teams are gathering, practicing, or competing will not be tolerated. These actions may also result in being reported to the local authorities which may result in criminal charges and/or disciplinary action by the MPYBL Basketball League Commissioner.
PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
- I understand that the MPYBL Basketball League is organized to promote youth athletics and good sportsmanship.
- I understand that my conduct as a parent will have a definite impact on youth for whom it is intended, the program, and myself.
- I pledge to support, cooperate, and work in every way to promote youth athletics in the best interest of the programs and youths involved.
- I pledge to be respectful to all officials, even in an expression of disagreement.
- I do agree to adhere to the principles of good sportsmanship and to the rules and regulations defined by the MPYBL League and any organizations affiliated with MPCC.
- I understand that if I display poor sportsmanship, whether during or following a game, I will be subject to partial or permanent program suspension. Unsportsmanlike conduct is defined as, but not limited to the following:
- Harassment of participants, coaches, or officials
- Use of profane language and/or gestures
- Public threats or physical violence
- Regulations regarding adult’s ejection or suspension will follow the guidelines listed below:
- I understand that if I am asked to leave a game, I will be suspended from attending the next game to be played by my son’s/daughter’s team.
- I understand that if I am asked to leave a second game during any one season. I will not be allowed to attend all the remaining regular season games and the end of season tournament.
- I understand that the MPYBL League will review all adult ejections or suspension and may extend any suspension beyond what is stated above as deemed appropriate for the offense.
- I understand that any suspension may be appealed by using the following process:
The suspended individual should submit in writing a detailed account of the incident to the president of the association within 48 hours of the suspension. The statement should give names of any witnesses that observed the incident.
- This Code of Conduct does not exclude discipline by MPYBL League. In the case of an ejection, the parent must leave the facility (out of sight and sound) in which the field is located and cannot return until 1 hour after their team’s next match. If the parent does return before this time, an additional 2 game suspension will be incurred. Typical MPYBL League disciplinary actions for offenses are shown below:
- Disrespect to an opposing player = 1 game suspension
- Ejection from a game (first offense) = 1 game suspension
- Ejection from a game (second offense) = 1 season suspension
- Ejection from a game (third offense) = life suspension from participating in MPCC MPYBL League sanctioned events
- Verbal assault/hostile challenge of a referee/coach/player = 1 year suspension from attending games
- Physical assault/hostile challenge of a referee/coach/player = life suspension from participating in MPYBL League sanctioned events